Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunflower cake!

So, for Easter, I went home! I didn't know if I would be able to, so it was kind of a surprise for everyone! =) Saturday was a great day! I worked, then I went home and mom, Carrie and I went to Wichita for a little shoppin, then mom went to date night and Carrie and I got a little best friend date night of our own. =) It was wonderful. Carrie truly blesses me and I am so honored to have her for a friend. Then, this morning after church, we headed over to Grandpa's house! =) This was the first Easter without Grandma, so I decided to make a sunflower cake in a way to kind of dedicate it to Grandma. Sunflowers were her absolute favorite flowers in the world. =) It was so easy to make and it was a hit!! I am definitely proud of my Grandpa! He is doing so good! I just love my family. They are awesome! Here are the steps to making the sunflower cake!! =D I hope you all had the most AMAZING Easter day with families and friends!! Enjoy the cake!


The ingredients you will need:
Make the cakes like it says to on the box:
Split into either two 8" pans, or two 9" pans (I did 8")
We were supposed to cool immediately, so, I sat them outside for a while... =)
After they are cool, start putting frosting on the cakes!!
After, you frost the first layer, stack the other cake on top,
Then, pile the frosting onto that one to make sure you cover both of the cakes really well
Voila!
Put the peeps around the edges so they are touching (mine took about 2 packages of peeps) Also, don't put these on until you are almost to the event
Then, put the chocolate chips into a bowl, or something to make it better to grab them with! (optional) I just used the peeps box.
Now is the part that takes the longest... Cover the top of the cake with the chips to make it look like seeds

It takes quite sometime, but there was a good movie on tv, so it worked great. =)
Done!
The cake and the inspiration in the back =)
There you go! A sunflower cake for any occasion!

What you’ll need:

1 box cake mix {flavor of your choice, plus ingredients to make cake}
2 containers of chocolate frosting
chocolate chips {enough to fill center of cake, I used a combination of regular sized and mini chocolate chips}
2 packages of yellow peeps

What to do:
1. Bake cake{s} according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.

2. Place bottom layer onto serving tray, spread a layer of icing on top. Top with second layer of cake. Continue icing until cake is complete.

3. Arrange peeps around the edge of the bottom layer. Place chocolate chips in center in circular pattern.


"For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him." - Romans 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment