Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Time to move on

So, I mentioned this in my last blog post, but the last couple weeks, it is something that has been crowding my mind and my prayers. I think about it constantly and I really don't like it consuming my thoughts so much! The thing I am talking about is relationships. I feel like I talk about this a lot, but I just kind of want to talk it out and then be done with it. :) So, recently A LOT of my friends around my age have been getting engaged, married and having kids. Holy moly. I have really only ever been on one date in my whole life. So, saying that and seeing them is super hard for me. I am so excited for them and I love they they have found that one that God has planned for them, but I have found myself a little bitter on the inside. I hate doing this. I need to be excited for them 100%. So, the last couple of weeks, I have been praying a lot more about my future husband. I have been trying to pray about where he is, when I will meet him and just for him day to day that God blesses him. I have no idea who this guy is, but I can tell you that I am so excited. I have also made it a point to make it stop consuming my every thought. I can't let it do that because then I start thinking about myself and why I don't have a boyfriend and that leads to my past of absolutely NO self confidence and then that makes me feel like poop. So, I am kind of changing a couple things at the beginning of the new year. I am trying to lose weight and make myself healthier and I am also trying to be super duper patient with God on the guy subject. I am trying to make myself get over the fact that I don't have one. I am happy right now, and as much as I would absolutely love to be in a relationship, I need to stop hanging on to those thoughts and realize that I am blessed with a great life. :) I have also realized that I am very picky with the guy that I want. First and foremost, he NEEDS to yearn for the Lord. I need someone that will challenge me and grow with me in my relationship with God. That thing and then some other things have thrown up a red flag and let me know that I am picky. I am ok with that though. I don't want to just settle with a guy. Like the title says, it is time to move on. I am going to continue to pray for this wonderful guy I will someday have (hopefully) and if not, I am going to pray that God gives me peace to understand that I might not ever get that guy. The praying is hopefully will be all. I don't want to continue to cloud my thoughts with guys and thoughts of relationships. I am young, I still have a while. :) So, I am anxious to see what happens this year. 2013 will be a good year. A year full of change and growing up, but it will be good. So, sorry for spilling my guts out again. :) I guess it happens when I open this tab! I do feel better!

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations."
~Deuteronomy 7:9

1 comment:

  1. You are precious and so very special. Prayer is the answer for all of us, and you have it going! The Lord prepares us in so many ways and if we can wait upon him to answer we are doing what is right and holy. It is not easy and the statistics of divorce in this age show that we are failing in trying to do this on our own terms and in our own time. Wait upon the Lord and know that HE has your very best in store for you...whatever it may be. I am praying for you too, as I am sure so many others who care for you are doing as well. Take heart and know that God is on your side.

    ReplyDelete